Are holidays in full swing for you? Let me tell you – my brain is overloading with the amount of baking, planning, shopping, sewing, wrapping, visiting and event-ing that has to happen between now and the end of the month. The next 2 weeks for me are total chaos. Sometimes, I get so far ahead of what has to be done, I forget that I need to stay in the moment and remind myself, “Hey. Forget all the Christmas Cookies you need to bake. Figure out what you’ll be eating for dinner tonight.”
ACK! Dinner tonight!
Yes, friends. Even during the holidays, we need SIMPLE and TASTY (and quick?) meals to sustain us for all the work (and parties) we must complete.
So, if you are anything like me, you could use a VERY quick and easy recipe to throw into the oven or slow cooker during the nights of craziness. I just so happen to have a great recipe for you – that I made up myself! I’m actually having it for dinner TONIGHT. Because after I eat it, I have a lot of other things to do. And I DON’T have time to work over a hot stove trying to pull something together.
This is my take on Chicken Tacos. No, not the “chicken” tacos that involve ground beef and a taco kit. I’m talking my best imitation of Chicken Tacos that do their best to taste like the shredded chicken tacos from your favorite Mexican Restaurant (mine being La Tolteca in West Chester). They are SO easy to make…super moist….super tasty…and make lots of super leftovers. All you need are a few ingredients, taco shells, and your favorite taco fixins.
Steph’s Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1.5-3 lbs of chicken (depending on how much taco filling you want to make. I stick to 1.5-2lbs)
- 1 LARGE can of Enchilada sauce
- 1 small can of diced chile peppers (or jalapenos, if you are brave enough)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
1) Put chicken into your awesome, trusty slow cooker.
2) Pour enchilada sauce over chicken
3) Top with chile peppers and onion
4) Cook on low for 3-4 hours (adjusting for your slow cooker – yours may need more like 6-7 hours).
5) Shred the chicken with forks. Serve and enjoy!
Yup. That’s it. And it tastes AMAZING.
I’d love to hear how these turn out for you!
Good luck with all your holiday madness – don’t forget to eat!
Have a good week 🙂
To read more about Steph’s life and recipes, visit her blog: Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom