“With the increasing popularity of smartphones, we built mobile technology so our customers can maximize their shopping and dining experiences, whether they are in a PREIT mall or virtually planning their shopping trips,” said Judy Trias, PREIT’s vice president of retail marketing. “The PREIT mall app is easy to navigate and perfect for those on-the-go, with a dynamic store directory, interactive map and special offers to help shoppers save— all available right at the consumers’ fingertips.”
According to Nielsen, by the end of 2011, 49 percent of people will own a smartphone. The one-of-a-kind PREIT mall app is always up-to-date with a number of easy-to-use, convenient features in one location to help customers make the most of their shopping trips.
- Main Page – Users can personalize the app by selecting their locations and the PREIT mall closest to them, or by choosing from the list of PREIT malls by city and state.
- Directory of Retailers – Search by store name, choose from a store category or view the store directory. More information is displayed about the store, including the option to locate the retailer on the interactive map, for easy navigation.
- Sales & Promotions – This feature has the most up-to-date mall retailer specials, along with innovative, and coming soon will be customized app coupons that allow shoppers to show the mobile phone screen of the coupon to retailers for immediate discounts.
- Dining Guide – Unique to the app as the restaurants are listed separately from the retailers, the Dining Guide offers a description of restaurants, along with locations.
- Interactive Map – In addition to mall retailers and restaurants, the interactive map showcases elevators, escalators, restrooms, ATM machines, entrances, handicap access, customer service and the mall management office, when you tap the icons on the right. · Directions – The app links directly to Google Maps, providing shoppers with driving directions from any location.
- Calendar of Events – From mall-wide sales to fashion shows, the malls’ upcoming events are listed here.
- Movie Listings – If applicable, descriptions and show times of movies playing in the malls’ movie theaters are listed on this feature.
- More Information – Another feature includes additional information, where consumers can peruse job openings, check mall hours, learn the latest fashion trends or contact mall management. Coming soon, consumers will also be able to check balances of PREIT Mall American Express® Gift Cards.
The PREIT mall app is another element of PREIT’s social media offerings. Currently 28 of PREIT’s 40 properties have Facebook or Twitter accounts, so that shoppers can visit mall Facebook pages and follow the centers on Twitter to find instant information on retailers’ sales, special offers and upcoming events.
To download the free PREIT mall app, visit the App Store on the iTunes website and type in “PREIT” in the search field.
*information provided by the PREIT mall PR representative.