Here’s a little dose of “REAL Life” from healthy mom community blogger, RofoMom in Royersford, PA.
Check out her Blog, REAL life in Rofo where she connects with her community and beyond by sharing about balancing healthy living, parenting and daily life!
Now that summer is approaching I have a tasty breakfast recipe to share with you, some fun news AND a reminder to start getting ready for your summer with the kids!
Here is a delicious WHOLE WHEAT Pancake or Waffle recipe that I use with my family time and time again. It is just as easy to whip together as a mix and SO much healthier! With summer, here, it might be fun to whip these up and enjoy a nice relaxing breakfast with your family!
|We made the “pancake” recipe into waffles for fun!|
I found it in the recipe database of Sparkpeople. (It was submitted by user: Lacy)
I love the database because you can view the Nutrition Info of a recipe before you make it. You can also add or delete ingredients per your tastes or pantry. (of course I love this feature)
What I like about these pancakes:
It’s just as easy to put together as a “mix”.
We used the recipe to make “waffles” and they turned out OK – versatility!
EVERYONE liked them!
The recipe makes 6 pancakes or waffles and they are about ¼ cup of batter each (a generous size)
Here’s the recipe and stats:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
2T Canola Oil
1 Medium Egg
1 Cup Skim Milk
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
The FUN NEWS I have is that I recently completed my first Half Marathon (and first race for that matter)! It is something I always wanted to do. . . I trained both on the treadmill and outdoors for months. . . There were some nights when I was fitting in training runs on the treadmill past midnight. . . The process took a lot of time and dedication. I had my good weeks and bad weeks, my ups and downs but I did it!!!
You can read more about my experience with the Oddyssey Half Marathon over on my blog.
**I just wanted to share this with you because I KNOW how hard it can be to fit in “fitness” and other healthy living choices when you have a young family. If I can do it, you can do it, too!**
Make a plan and try to stick to it. If things don’t work out, make another plan and try to stick to that. . . That’s what I do – every day – multiple times a day!
Finally, how are you preparing for summer vacation with your children?
Have you started to think about this yet? If you haven’t, NOW is the time.
– Sign them up for activities and investigate free ones! Many vacation bible schools in the area are offered for free!
– Are you participating in your library’s summer reading program?
– Think about lining up some fun crafts or activities for your children to do in your home.
– Check out your local bowling alley. Many of them are participating in a program called, Kids Bowl Free. I have participated in the past and it really is FREE! Sign them up and go have fun.
– Is there anything else you want to do with your children over the summer? Make your list and start planning when these things are going to happen. If you don’t do this now, chances are they won’t happen!
Please visit REAL life in Rofo for more “real life” adventures in parenting, healthy living and other things!