A friend just requested my Mango Salsa. And I thought it would be a great recipe to share. It takes no time to make, it’s fresh tasting and always seems to be a hit. I love the versatility of this recipe too. It is equally delicious served as a dip with chips or as a condiment on grilled fish. You can customize it with different fruits like pineapples or peaches – so use your favorite or whichever you happen to have on hand. I have also been making my own chips lately. So much more healthy and takes under 10 minutes to make.
RECIPE: Mango Salsa
- 2 ripe Mangos, finely chopped
- 1/2 a small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Kosher Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine mango, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno together in a bowl.
- Mix in lime juice and season with salt & pepper.
- Cover & refrigerate. Let sit at least 30 min. prior to serving to let flavors combine.
Options: substitute pineapple or peach for mango, add in black beans or avocado, add 1/2 tsp toasted cumin, roast jalapeno or serrano chilis before adding.
RECIPE: Homemade Chips
- Corn or Flour Tortillas (based on preference)
- Oil or Cooking Spray
- Salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil on both sides.
- Stack tortillas and using a sharp knife cut into eighths, so you have little triangles. Arrange on baking sheets in a single layer. Season with salt if desired.
- Bake about 7 minutes. Chips should be crispy and lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from oven. They will crisp up a little more as they cool.
For more recipes or entertaining tips from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.