It’s beginning to feel like fall. There air is cooler and Football Sundays are here. Having people over to watch the game on Sunday is a great way to entertain. It’s low key, casual and fun. And I love the food. I am a big fan of finger foods for this kind of entertaining: hot dips, cold dips, cut-up sandwiches, sliders, chicken legs or wings, flatbreads, chili in cups, meatballs with toothpicks… the list goes on. Everyone can sit around the coffee table and pick at the food, chat and watch the game. I am sharing a recipe for Sausage & Pepper cups. It’s great for this. Hearty, yummy and easy to eat. You can use mini-muffin pans for bite-sized cups.
RECIPE: Sausage & Pepper Cups
- Prepared Biscuit Dough
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 lb.Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Green Pepper, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Yellow Onion, sliced
- Prepared Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sausage in a frying pan and fill with about an inch of water. Bring to a boil over hight heat. Cover pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove sausage and drain pan. Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions and peppers for 3-5 minutes. Add in sausage rounds and brown.
- Press each biscuit round into a non-stick muffin pan. Place 1-2 teaspoons of marinara sauce into each cup and spread on the bottom. Fill 1/2 way with sausage and pepper mixture. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
For more recipes and entertaining tips from Zareen, visit her blog Cooking With Z.