I love this Ham, Apple & Brie Crostini for an easy fall appetizer. You can’t beat the flavors – warm, melty brie cheese with apples and ham on crunchy crostini – yum! The addition of the apple definitely gives the appetizer a great fall flair. Best of all you can assemble them ahead of time on a baking sheet, store them in the fridge and throw them in the oven just before your guests arrive.
RECIPE: Ham, Apple and Brie Crostini
- 1 Baguette
- 1/2 lb Brie – softened at room temperature
- 1/8 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Scallion – chopped
- 1 tbs. Unsalted Butter – softened at room temperature
- dash of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1/2 lb. Tavern Ham
- 2 Granny Smith Apples – sliced into 16ths
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice Baguette into 1/4-1/2″ thick rounds.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine brie, mustard, scallion, butter and hot sauce. Pulse until it is a smooth paste.
- Spread brie mixture on top of each bread round.
- Top with a ham and apple slice.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
For more recipes and entertaining tips from Zareen visit her blog Cooking with Z.