- Ctrl S: for capturing the moment that makes your nose itch and your eyes water.
- Undo: for damage control on the nuggets you cleaned off your child’s plate earlier today.
- Redo: for those two-second hugs your kids are entirely too busy for these days.
- Ctrl P: for printing an image of your child’s first music recital, when you just don’t want to live the moment through a viewfinder.
- Ctrl. I: for special emphasis on every word while explaining that big sister’s Lego Hogwarts doesn’t belong in the bathtub.
- Ctrl. A: for gathering the whole family on time, just once, to head out the door in unison and not be late for a family function, again.
- Home: for a quick return after a seven-hour swim meet.
- Insert: for adding funds to your non-existing vacation savings account.
- Ctrl Z: for life in general, and throw-up in your hair specifically (after your sickie child comes visiting your bedroom in the middle of the night).
- Pause/Break: need I say more?
By Marion Kase
Marion Kase is a working mother who lives, plays, and, well, works out in the burbs. She captures a dirty sock laundry list of mundane, sometimes hair-pulling observations, as seen from the brim of my coffee cup, for all the unsung heroes in our wonderful community on her blog, Helicopter-Caterpillar.