25 YEARS OF THE ‘JOY OF SHARING’ TOY CAMPAIGN
Campaign kicks off Tuesday, November 26th ;
Wraps up Friday, December 20 with daylong toy drop-off
CBS 3 and The CW Philly 57 will launch the stations’ 25th annual Joy of Sharing toy campaign benefiting children in need this holiday season. In honor of the 25th anniversary, the stations will kick-off this year’s campaign with “25 days of sharing.” One of the longest-running TV public service campaigns in the region, the Joy of Sharing has provided toys for more than 100,000 children in need over the years.
The Joy of Sharing campaign collections begin Tuesday, November 26th with a special Talk Philly segment at 12 noon on CBS 3. Ross Brittain and Frank Lewis of 98.1 WOGL’s “Breakfast Club” will be joining Pat Ciarrocchi and Ukee Washington to kick-off the campaign. Eyewitness News Anchors Chris May and Jessica Dean will be requesting new, unwrapped toys for local children through public service announcements airing on both stations through Friday, December 20th when the stations wrap up the season with an all-day drive through drop-off. The Salvation Army, which distributes the toys to less fortunate children throughout the region, will be on site that day filling the final truckload of toys just in time for the holidays.
All five of the CBS RADIO stations in the market – KYW Newsradio 1060, 98.1 WOGL, SportsRadio 94 WIP, CBS Sports Radio 610 and Talk Radio 1210 WPHT – will also join in the holiday tradition by collecting toys at their studios, participating in campaign events and promoting the drive on air. On-air radio personalities from the stations will also be featured in TV spots soliciting toy donations and on site on drop-off day.
Toys will also be collected at numerous locations throughout the Delaware Valley, including a trio of tree lighting ceremonies where the CBS 3’s meteorologists and the CBS 3 Mobile Weather Lab will be on site. Meteorologist Kathy Orr will host the Moorestown Tree Lighting Ceremony in New Jersey, Monday, December 2nd and the Rittenhouse Square Tree Lighting Ceremony in Philadelphia, Tuesday, December 3rd. The third ceremony will be hosted by Kate Bilo Wednesday, December 4th in Philadelphia’s LOVE Park. The weather team will also urge those stopping by their Holiday Lights neighborhood tours to bring along a toy as they showcase displays throughout our area.
Additionally, the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia will present Teatime in Wonderland where families are encouraged to bring a toy to benefit the initiative. The teas will be held every Saturday beginning November 30th in the elegant Swann Lounge.
Toys can also be dropped off at the following locations:
- CBS 3 / The CW Philly 57 Studios at 1555 Hamilton Street in Philadelphia
- WOGL and Talk Radio 1210 WPHT studios at Two Bala Plaza in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
- KYW Newsradio 1060, SportsRadio 94 WIP, CBS Sports Radio 610 WIP studios at 400 Market Street, Philadelphia
- Salvation Army locations at: 701 North Broad Street in Philadelphia, 915 Haddon Avenue in Camden, New Jersey or 400 North Orange Street in Wilmington, Delaware
- Herr’s Visitors Center in Nottingham, PA
- Participating Pandora Store locations
- Participating Wilmington University locations
- Participating Ashley Furniture Home Store locations
- Participating Delaware Valley Acura Dealerships locations
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa locations
- The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at One Logan Square
- The Blue Cross RiverRink of Penn’s Landing at Market Street and Columbus Boulevard in Philadelphia
- The Franklin Institute at 222 N. 20th Street in Philadelphia
For more information on Joy of Sharing and a complete list of events and drop-off locations, go to www.CBSPhilly.com/joy or call215-977-JOYS. Individuals wishing to contribute can also donate $10 to the cause by texting JOY to 80888.
CBS 3 (KYW-TV) and The CW Philly (WPSG-TV) are part of CBS Television Stations, a division of CBS Corporation. KYW Newsradio 1060, 98.1 WOGL, SportsRadio 94WIP, CBS Sports Radio 610 and Talk Radio 1210 WPHT are CBS RADIO stations. The stations can be heard live on-air, online at www.CBSPhilly.com and via the Radio.com App for a variety of mobile devices.