In celebration of its partnership with the March of Dimes, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia has created a few special DIY gifts and crafts for Father’s Day this year.
This Sunday, surprise Dad with a fun “Dad Libs” game, which can be customized to Dad’s favorite foods or TV shows, or create a handmade gift like customized Map Coasters! We’ve included instructions for one of the craft ideas below for your reference. Please visit imbornto.com for more information on all of these fun Father’s Day craft ideas and other gifts. There are also featured Father’s Day recipes to check out!
Project courtesy of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ©2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.
- 8 1/2-by-14-inch decorative paper
- Place paper facedown. Fold in half vertically; unfold. Line up left edge with centerline fold, and crease; repeat with right edge. Unfold, and lay flat.
- Fold top-left corner in to line up with outermost crease, forming a triangle; repeat on top-right corner. Using index fingers and thumbs, pinch together outside points of each triangle so they meet, and crease.
- While still pinching triangles, fold down top edge (this will make sleeves).
- Turn paper upside down, and flip it over. Fold down top edge 3/4 inch.
- Flip paper over. Fold top left and right corners so tips meet at centerline.
- Tuck bottom edge under collar, and flatten by creasing. For the tie, cut out an 8-by-1/2-inch strip of decorative paper. Knot paper. Snip close to knot on one side; trim other to a point. Glue to shirt.
About March of Dimes imbornto Campaign:
Nearly four million healthy babies were born last year thanks to innovations that resulted from funding from the March of Dimes. This spring marks the launch of the 2014 March of Dimes “imbornto” campaign which celebrates not only the idea that every baby is born to do something great, but that their mothers and fathers are guiding lights to achieving those great things.
In order to help further support both the March of Dimes and Mom’s and Dad’s everywhere, consumers can shop and donate at select partners and retailers from Mother’s Day through Father’s Day.
2014 imbornto(r) partners include Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, The Bon-Ton Stores, Famous Footwear, EPT, Kmart, Mud Pie, Destination Maternity, Scentsy, Oral B and Ebay. Each are offering special products – ranging from baby socks to bracelets and from exclusive promotions to limited edition products in order to help support imbornto. Please visit imbornto.com for more information, as well as for special Father’s Day recipes, craft ideas and other gifts.