Philadelphia Zoo is proud to present two annual guest-favorite events for summer 2014 — PECO Primate Jungle Days and the Rock n Roar concert series. The Zoo is committed to educating the public about wildlife conservation and providing exceptional recreational opportunities for families. These events offer enhancements to the Zoo experience that are equal parts educational and entertaining for guests of all ages.
Swing into PECO Primate Reserve on June 21 and 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for a weekend-long celebration of primates. Free with Zoo admission, PECO Primate Jungle Days include arts and crafts, keeper chats and unique opportunities to learn more about orangutans, gorillas and more of your favorite primates!
The Zoo will also kick off the popular Rock n Roar concert series on Tuesday, June 10 at 11:00 a.m. with a performance from Steve Pullara and the Cool Beans Band. The Zoo will host many of the area’s top family-friendly performers for this outdoor all-ages concert series on Impala Lawn. Pack your blanket, put on your dancing shoes and join the Zoo every other Tuesday through the end of August as they bring the joy and art of creating and performing live children’s music to a new level.
The 2014 Rock n Roar concert series schedule is as follows:
- June 10: Steve Pullara and Cool Beans Band —During concerts, Cool Beans Music® blends the use of drawing and music to create a dynamic learning environment that is also fun to sing along and dance to.
- June 24: Yosi & The Superdads—This rock-based, award-winning band claims to be faster than a speeding toddler, more powerful than finger paint, and able to leap tall piles of laundry while paying bills and singing in four-part harmony.
- July 8: Mister G—Mister G performs music from several genres: including rock, ska and funk. He has been critically acclaimed by People magazine, Parent’s Magazine, the New York Post and other major media outlets.
- July 22: Ernie & Neal— Ernie & Neal explore all kids of sound, rhythm and rhyme to deliver a high energy, fun loving performance that will get the whole family dancing. While rocking out, they feature a musical combination of sing, play, storytelling, entertainment and education.
- August 5: Cris & Lou— With their own unique style of pop-rock, Cris & Lou’s live performances incorporate fast-paced entertainment and props to entertain kids and teach them about virtuous behavior.
- August 19: The Paisley Pickles—The Paisley Pickles are sure to keep the whole family entertained and learning. They feature sounds of everything from punk to jazz.
The concerts in the series are rain or shine with an alternate indoor location in the event of rain. Rock n Roar is free with regular Zoo admission. For more information, or to purchase Zoo tickets, visit www.PhiladelphiaZoo.org.
About The Philadelphia Zoo:
America’s first zoo and one of the region’s foremost conservation organizations, the Philadelphia Zoo is home to nearly 1,300 animals, many rare and endangered. By connecting people with wildlife, the Philadelphia Zoo creates joyful discovery and inspires action for animals and habitats. The Philadelphia region’s leading family destination, the Zoo welcomed more than 1.2 million visitors last year. The Philadelphia Zoo is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. For more information on the Philadelphia Zoo, as well as to purchase and print tickets online, visit us at www.philadelphiazoo.org. Philadelphia Zoo is a non-smoking facility.